The warm dry climate of 2017 has created a complex and powerful wine which exhibits burnt, rich melon and citrus flavors complimented by hints of honey, white flower and toasted nuts. A finely poised acidity adds to a lasting light smooth finish.
- The Vineyard – This chardonnay block is located on a steep south facing slope where the vines are dry grown without irrigation. The vines are hand pruned and bud numbers are managed to create a vine balance. Extensive canopy management is carried to control high vigor in wetter seasons and mixtures of chardonnay clones are cultivated on our white clay soils to produce excellent vine vitality and a balanced harvest.
- The 2017 vintage was produced in a nice combination of dry and wet summer season of Paroa Bay.
- The Winemaking – The fruit was gently handpicked in small open crates in order to preserve the integrity of the fruit. It was whole bunch pressed and fermented in a mix of seasoned and new French Oak Barrels (about 70% new oak) and left to age on its lees for around 10.5 month
- Cellaring/Food Match – It will mature really well over the next 4-6 years. Best to have with lean meat, pasta and fresh seafood.
- Bottling Date – Jan, 2018
- Technical details
1. Region: 100% Northland
2. Variety: 100% Chardonnay
3. Alcohol: 12.5%
4. pH: 3.2
5. Harvest Date: March, 2017
Wine received damaged upon delivery will be replaced or fully refunded. Requesting to kindly take some photos on arrival if such an incident occurs.